Rabbis in Movies Quiz
With the Oscars less than two weeks away, take Moment‘s quiz to test your knowledge of holy men (and women) in Hollywood.
- _____ stars as Rabbi Tuckman in the 1993 parody, Robin Hood: Men in Tights.
- In the 1998 psychological thriller, Pi, _____ appears as Rabbi Cohen.
- Edward Norton and _____ star as Father Brian Finn and Rabbi Jake Schram in the 2000 romantic comedy, Keeping the Faith.
- _____ plays “The Rabbi,” the rival of Morgan Freeman’s character, “The Boss,” in the 2006 crime thriller, Lucky Number Slevin.
- In the 1979 film, The Frisco Kid, _____ stars as a Polish rabbi who befriends a bank robber played by Harrison Ford.
- Woody Allen’s 1989 Academy Award-winning film, Crimes and Misdemeanors features _____, who plays Ben, a rabbi losing his eyesight.
- _____ plays a rabbi in two movies: the 1989 film, Enemies: A Love Story, a film adaptation of Isaac Bashevis Singer’s 1996 novel, and the 1968 film, Bye Bye Braverman.
- In Keeping Up With the Steins, a 2006 comedy about a family planning an elaborate bar mitzvah, _____ plays Rabbi Schulberg.
- _____ plays Rabbi Marshak, _____ plays Rabbi Nachter and _____ plays Rabbi Scott Ginsler in the 2009 film, A Serious Man, about a Minnesota Jew who starts to question his faith.
- Reb Saunders, a charismatic Hasidic rebbe in Brooklyn, is played by _____ in the 1981 film, The Chosen.
- In the 2002 film, Stolen Summer, about a Catholic boy who decides to convert a Jew to Catholicism to get him into heaven, _____ plays Rabbi Jacobsen.
- _____ plays the rabbi who delivers the opening monologue at a funeral in the 2003 HBO miniseries, Angels in America.
- _____ plays the rabbi in the 1971 classic, Fiddler on the Roof.
To see the answers, click here.